Some Happier Star
A downloadable game for Windows and Mac OS X
My entry for Mini Ludum Dare 62 "Final Boss"
* Version 1.0.1 is available as the post-jam version. I fixed a few bugs and did a bit for game balance. Also removed most of Edgar Allan Poe's poem because I felt there was too much text to read.
* the pre-battle conversation is super-rushed, but it's basically a conversation between a Hamadryad and her tree, who has used artificial means to extend its life. Her life force is tied to the tree's, so it's definitively a "final" boss. Hopefully not too pretentious. :-)
control stick - move left/right, down to drop through platforms
(A) button - jump, double jump, advance screens
right trigger - fire
directional arrows - move left/right, down to drop through platforms
space - jump, double jump, advance screens
left ctrl - fire
by Mike Cullingham
Music - "Starlight" by DL Sounds (http://www.dl-sounds.com/)
- "tap" by adcbicycle (https://freesound.org/people/adcbicycle/sounds/139...)
- "Pop!" by kwahmah_02 (https://freesound.org/people/kwahmah_02/sounds/260...)
- "Barrel Break 1" by kevinkace (https://freesound.org/people/kevinkace/sounds/6676...)
- "Acide_Laura BEGUET M1 Scénar" by univ_lyon3 (https://freesound.org/people/univ_lyon3/sounds/201...)
Unzip & Run
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.